https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adT6vaQRwtg

At least 22 people have been killed in a suicide bomb attack at the end of an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England on Monday night. Some 59 people were taken to hospital with injuries and many more were treated at the scene. Dozens of concert-goers are missing, with their family and friends making desperate appeals on social media.

Police received reports of an explosion at the Manchester Arena just before 10:35 p.m. local time. The arena — located in the northern English city of Manchester — has a capacity of 21,000 and attracts more than one million people each year, according to the venue’s website.

Officials at the Manchester Arena said in a statement that the incident “took place outside the venue in a public space,” said to be a foyer near the box office.

Witnesses described a chaotic scene as concert-goers fled the arena when they heard a “loud bang” shortly after the concert ended, according to the Manchester Evening News.

“We saw the smoke. Everyone just fled. Some people were injured. We saw blood on people when we got outside. People were just running all over the place,” David Richardson, who was at the concert with his 13-year-old daughter Emily, told the Evening News.

Manchester Police Posted:

The Islamic State terror group has claimed responsibility for the Manchester suicide bombing that killed 22 people – including children – in an explosion that tore through fans leaving an Ariana Grande pop concert in Manchester.

As the first arrest was made in connection with the attack, Prime Minister Theresa May disclosed that the authorities believe they know the identity of the man who carried out the atrocity.

Unconfirmed reports from CBS News in America identified 23-year-old Salman Abedi as a suspect in the bombing.

Mrs May said “many” children were among the dead and 59 injured in the bombing at the Manchester Arena on Monday night as thousands of young people streamed from the venue.

Her statement came moments before police disclosed that a 23-year-old man was arrested in South Manchester on Tuesday morning in connection with the bombing.

Meanwhile, police confirmed that a controlled explosion had been carried out in connection with the attack at an address in the Fallowfield area of the city.

Related Posts